Tuesday 3 March 2009

THE BEST INTERVIEW ANSWER OF ALL TIME

My friend Fredrik Persson had a buddy (another Swede, Mikael I can't remember his last name), who was due to be interviewed initially over the phone by Goldman Sachs. The phone call was scheduled for 1PM. One of the first questions the Goldman guy asked Mikael was: "What articles have you read in today's Financial Times?" To which Mikael replied: "I haven't read today's Financial Times. I just got up 15 minutes ago." Now that's quality. Needless to say, Mikael did not get the job, or even a sniff at a second interview. The world, no doubt, is better for it. Good luck in whatever you do, Mikael. I don't know you but I wish I did.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to your friend Mikael on a beautiful answer!

    And he didn't get the job?!

    Now here's a case where you might want to retract what you wrote about half word epithets. A full blown F-bomb would do just nicely in this case, doncha think?

    ReplyDelete