Monday 14 June 2010

MADAME PAIN'S BOUDOIR CIRCUS

My mate Nadia kindly invited me to the circus show( Madame Pain's Boudoir Circus) where she, an enthusiastic amateur trapeze artist, was performing. 


I had no idea just how much I underestimated her talent, dedication, and let's face it, bravery.


Madame Pain's Boudoir Circus is a performance by the Aircraft Circus, held down in Charlton in an industrial estate. We went to the matinee on a Sunday. It took a while to get there from West London, but it was eminently worth it. It was a combination aerial show, light show, and as the name implies, pain-fest (you know...walking on nails, knife up the nose, stapling yourself, as one does). That was a sideshow really to the music and bodies flying around (literally) right above you as the stage blended in where the crowd was standing.


It taught me something we constantly need to be reminded. Humans are amazing. Like my mate Nadia.



X FACTORS



REDEMPTION


REACHING DOWN
(This is Nadia and her partner, by the way)


PURPLE AND GREEN


DOCTOR EVIL


SOMERSAULT


STEPPING OUT



BOUDOIR PRINCESS



GOURMAND




TWISTED

No comments:

Post a Comment